23.10.07

Jobs...and Movies to see this Christmas

Okay, so I'm hoping to get a job. Which means I can get money. Which means I can go see more movies! Hurrah!

Anyhow, I'm in the mood to write a nice list of movies that are on the top of my list this holiday season.

  • No Country for Old Men
    • It's directed by the Coens--and it's bound to have their quirky humour in a war-type setting. What's not to love about that?
  • Sweeny Todd
    • Johnny Depp sings? Sign me up. Plus its directed by Tim Burton, and that's bound to be at least intriguing to see on the big screen.
  • American Gangster
    • Ridley Scott + Denzel Washington = Movie I must watch
  • The Darjeeling Limited
    • Yes, I haven't seen it yet. Yes, I will, because it's playing at my local "arthouse" theatre. That's good enough for me. Plus it's a bizarre Wes Anderson flick.
That's all for now. Those are four on top of my list, that I must go see. Too bad Golden Compass is going to suck. Even if it's being produced by New Line, it's too kiddy. I mean, c'mon, give us an R-rated epic fantasy to be proud of! Or at least PG-13. Oh, well, I guess we'll see where it goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure golden compass is PG-13

Nick said...

Not rated yet...but the movie itself is meant for kids. It targets the Harry Potter crowd more so than the LotR crowd.

Anonymous said...

http://www.newline.com/
properties_golden_compass.html

See bottom left of the page.
Hopefully it attracts both the HP and LOTR crowd.

Nick said...

Well, we'll see what happens.

I'm know I'm not going to see it. I may rent it next year though...